Wednesday 27 March 2013

Wishful Wednesday


Pin ItBbbrrrrrr!!!!! It is literally freezing here in my part of the world in the West Midlands. We have more snow than we've had all winter, and all anyone wants to do is get warm and cosy. Wishful Wednesday is when I share with you the things I would like to make if I had all the time in the world, so I'm stating with this snug cowl. It is knit from Super bulky yarn, so it should put up a good fight against the harshest wind chill and be quick to knit at the same time. I really love the leaf design, It is a free pattern on Ravelry
Second up, is a cute little baby quilt.
I don't have any babies to make quilts for at the moment, but I hope I remember this pattern when I next need to make one. It is a free pattern on Craftsy and it has the sweetest name. It is called The Kissing Fish Baby Quilt. Yes! Now you can see all those little fish, face to face, giving each other a little kiss, can't you! (bet you thought they were just arrows before I told you!)
Third this week is a sewing pattern.
I can see myself making several of these this summer (if we ever get one!) It is such a flattering and practical shape. But the main reason I've chosen this is because when you buy this pattern you get a really useful link to a video tutorial on how to make it. My son's girlfriend is just starting dressmaking and the addition of a tutorial would help her learn and boost her confidence. This pattern is called the Esme Top and is one of four designed by Sew Liberated and available with video tutorial from Backstitch
Finally, I need some colour in this cold and wintry week so I've chosen these gorgeous crocheted flowers from the wonderful Lucy at Attic 24 They are her made using her Triple Layer Flower tutorial. Those colours cannot fail to gladden your heart and I feel warmer already, just looking at them!
Wishing everyone a Happy Easter, where ever you are..... Julie
 
 

1 comment:

  1. oh! I am in love with that top! I think I might have to try the pattern!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...